Saturday 1 July 2017

--- Off the Rails Scrapbooking DT --- July challenge reveal Scrapbook Layout "My Zoo"

Hi Scrap Friends

Welcome to the July challenge at
Off the Rails Scrapbooking

Today I'm sharing a layout that I'd love to hear your opinion on.

"My Zoo"



This month we'd like you to be inspired by the moodboard or the colours orange/red/yellow.


I seriously had no idea where to start with this...

I decided on a piece of animal print paper but I really didn't like it.

Then I tried some tearing and adding some yellow and red.

Still not really feeling this layout at all ...


I decided to look for some photos and chose a couple that I could call "My Zoo"
I printed some journalling and chose some embellishments - a Charms Creations arrow and the monkey stamp.


Still not happy with the page!
I decided at this point that I didn't really like it so if I messed up the background with some mixed media and it was still a disaster, I'd throw it away and start again.

Alas, the addition of some Tim Holtz Distress Crayons, stamping and splatters finally lifted this page to something I could tolerate!
I trimmed the white cardstock, scrunched and added Distress crayon to the edges, before mounting onto some patterned kraft paper.

Definitely not my best work, but hey I'm only human.

I'd love to see you play along with this months moodboard - It's always so interesting seeing how people are inspired!

Thanks for visiting.



No comments:

Post a Comment