Tuesday 22 May 2018

--- Colour Blast DT --- "Cone of Shame" Scrapbook layout + process video

Hi Scrap Friends

Today I'm sharing a new project for Colour Blast

"Cone of Shame"


For this page I've used the following

Colour Embossing Powder Deep Water & Singin the Blues
Colour Paste Steel
Colour Artist Inks Calypso

***

I started firstly with this photo that's been in my stash for awhile and I never really got the courage to scrap it.
Today was the day ...

I chose some chipboard pieces and teamed them with Colour Embossing Powder Deep Water & Singin the Blues

 

Next, I put together a background.
I didn't plan to back the triangles with patterned paper but that's how it ended up.


But it's all looking a little clean ...
Black heavy gesso to the rescue!
I created a messy border around the outside of the white cardstock.


I have a bit of a star theme going on, so I decided to roll with it and hand draw some stars on my bckground.


Then I painted the stars with Colour Artist Inks Calypso - I like them to be a little messy and outside the lines.


I've used my Silhouette to create the word "Shame".
I wanted to use the colour paste in a slightly different way and see what hapenned.

So I spread some on my craft mat, added a little water and then used a paint brush to add the paste to the title.


You can see it's created this really cool textured finish - the photo doesn't do it justice.
You should definitely give this a go, it's such a cool result.

***

Here is the layout "The cone of Shame"


and some close ups ...


I'm so pleased with the result - it definitely highlights the photo and I love how the title tells a great story.


 ***

You can see the whole process in the video below.






Thanks for visiting.
Happy Scrapping



No comments:

Post a Comment